today we had the privelege of using the Senteo class things. They were so cool 8)
Anyways, here is the summary of today's lesson:
- We looked at TOV's (table of values) and the differences columns. We observed that the number of degree of the function will be the same as the number of differences columns. For example: if the function was f(x)=x^3, there would be a third differences column.
- We also learned about increasing and decreasing functions. A function is INCREASING if the graph RISES from left-right, and it is DECREASING if it FALLS from left-right.
- A turning point is the a point on the graph when the function changes directions (ie: from increasing to decreasing)
- LOCAL MAXIMUM: when the function changes from increasing to decreasing.
- LOCAL MINIMUM: when the functin changes from decreasing to increasing.
- the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM point is the highest max. on the function. the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM is the lowest point on the function.
I hope everyone understands the lesson. Have a great day and don't forget to do the homework assigned (pg. 26-29 # 1, 2, 3(odd), 5, 6, 7b (part i, ii), 8, 11, 15. As well as the investigation on the back of the handout from today. Have fun!